The production of reliable screw threads on milling bodies or indexable holders is a very difficult application because of the toughness of workpiece materials (usually, thermal refined alloy steels up to 45 HRC are used), the requirements of a high-quality thread finishing and the difficulty of chip ejection.
Yamawa’s R&D team has therefore developed the MHSL Mini, an innovative tool able to face these challenges and guarantee reliable threads.
Main features of MHSL Mini tap:
- Size range available: typical of the sector, i.e., M2.5 – M3 – M3.5 – M4 – M4.5 – M5 – MF5x0.5.
- Suitable for through hole tapping of thermal refining steels less than 45 HRC hardness.
- Substrate: HSSCo that combine toughness and wear resistance on thermal refining steels < 45 HRC of hadrness typical of the sector, like 1.7225 – 42 CrMo 4, 1.6582 – 34 CrNiMo 6 or 1.2344 – X 40 CrMoV 5 1.
- Coating: the special coating guarantees longer tool life and better thread finishing.
- Innovative flute geometry that promotes smooth and reliable chip ejection.
Contact our staff for further details or write to email@example.com.